Thursday 23 June 2011

Back to work

My old company called me up and wanted to know if I'd be interested in working for them again. It seems they wanted to give me some time to get my head straight and deal with all the crap that was happening at the time. I must admit I'm desperate to get back into work. All this sitting around everyday, browsing the internet, playing video games, watching films, isn't all it's cracked up to be. I mean sure it's fine for a week or two but it gets damn stale after a while........sometimes it feels like I'm just a mindless zombie doing the same old thing, day after day.

One problem with returning to work though: The money! Hear me out on this one.

There's two problems:
1) If I'm unemployed I'm entitled to free legal help in terms of custody for the children and such. (but would obviously mean I go a touch brain dead and have 0 cash).
2) If I get a job my mind gets stimulated and I have money to play with, but then don't qualify for legal aid (and I sure as hell can't afford to pay a solicitor privately).

I suppose the sensible thing to do is reduce my hours, therefore my earnings are below the minimum allowance to qualify for legal aid.......Doesn't this strike anyone else as screwed up?

I just hope I don't get internet withdrawals.........